So Many Benefits …
- Superior Comfort – Consistent, steady heat all winter long remaining near the floor where you are. It is a very desirable cool head, warm feet environment.Warm tile floors in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Beautiful wood and marble floors are even more enjoyable because they are now warm.
- Efficiency – with no wasted heat, thermostats are kept at a lower setting translating into lower energy bills.
- Comfort Placement – direct the warm water in your system to the rooms that need the heat. This ability to zone your home places heat where you want it when you want it.
- Decorating Freedom – because the system is encased in the floor, furnishings can be place wherever you desire without concern for impairing heat distribution or hiding unsightly heating appliances. In addition, Uponor radiant floor heating systems can be installed under any type of flooring, including wood, tile, concrete and carpet.
- Clean and draft-free – there are no noisy fans to blow dust and allergens around your home. Because the floors are warm, they dry quicker after mopping.
- It’s an Investment – installing radiant floor heating in your home immediately increases the value of your home. Installing Uponor tubing in slab or basement applications allows you to turn cold, damp areas into warm cozy living space – taking full advantage of all the available square footage in your home.
- With proper design and insulation, the benefits of a Uponor radiant floor heating system are many. It’s easy to see why more and more people are choosing superior comfort and efficiency for their homes and families.
Why is a radiant floor so comfortable?
The human body has its own hydronic heating system. Heat is distributed to the body through blood pumped from the heart. The first priority of the body’s heating system is to maintain central body core temperature. From there, blood is sent to the extremities. Since the feet are the farthest from the central body core, they are the last to get heat and the first to recognize the discomfort of a cold environment.
Where the body’s hydronic heat system fails, radiant floor excels. Radiant floor applies direct conductive heat to the feet (most of us have our feet on the floor), and to objects in the room that in turn re-radiate heat. Because radiant floor directly addresses the heat loss of the human body through conduction, people are typically comfortable at a lower thermostat setting –– around 65 ° F. This is another reason why radiant floor is so energy efficient.
Forced Air vs. Radiant Floor
The common forced air systems heat air, not objects, and warm air is often lost through the walls and ceiling. Radiant floor heating heats the objects in the room so heat is not wasted. Hot air heating systems do not distribute heat where the body needs it most, leaving structures with drafts and high heat loss.
Uponor Features and Benefits
25 Year Warranty
Immediately Increases Value of the Home
Fewer Dust Particles
Furniture Placement Not Dictated by Vents
No More Cold Drafts
Warm and Friendly Floors
Lower Energy Bills
Room by Room Temperature Control