* Full Time pay is determined by experience level
- Install, repair and maintain Hydronic Heating Equipment Systems and components.
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components
- Lay out gas burner heating system components
- Assemble components using hand and power tools
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for heating systems and related materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Locate and mark positions for components
- Cut holes through walls and floors to accommodate components
- Install supports and hangers
- Measure, cut, thread, bend, clamp, solvent cement or solder components
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain heating systems
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Install gas burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Install solar components such as controls, pumps, piping and safety devices, and connect to solar panels on roof, and electrical system
- Test installed systems and components and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil and gas and burners, and their components and controls
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on heating systems and components
- Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and components are met.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meets the requirements of the appropriate codes.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements
- Must be able to follow schedule, completing scheduled calls within given time, properly communicating issues and concerns to Service Coordinator
- Must be willing to follow company procedures and proper appearance
- Must have transportation and a clean MVR.
- Perform other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge:
- Heating systems and components in residential and commercial buildings.
- relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- suppliers and process for ordering systems and components
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- ability to install, repair and maintain heating systems and components
- ability to plan and organize heating system and component installations, repairs and maintenance
- ability to work cooperatively with other trades
- ability to work cooperatively with other company employees.
- team building skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- decision making skills
- effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- effective negotiation and mediation skills
- effective written communications skills
- computer skills including the ability to operate computerized word-processing and computerized maintenance management programs
- stress management skills
- time management skills
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics